If you wish to enhance your oral health through numerous means of treatments, recovery methods, and prevention techniques, set forth an oral health care checklist to align all aspects of your oral health and what you can do to establish a safe and healthy smile. The more you do to keep your teeth and gums safe, the greater the chance your smile can thrive for rest of your life. Here are some important tips to remember:
– Avoid using drugs, or smoking and chewing tobacco.
– Avoid eating too many sugary sweet or starches which can be converted into harmful acids in your mouth.
– Visit your dentist for regular checkups whenever possible.
– Always make sure to floss between your teeth every single day for at least 2 minutes on end.
– To help protect your smile after eating, consider using supplemental cleaning utensils such as chewing sugarless gum and using mouthwash. These products are non-abrasive and will not contribute to further dental abrasion.
– Limit between-meal snacks that can increase the rate at which tooth decay occurs.
– Brush your tongue along with your teeth whenever possible as bacteria can begin to build up on your tongue. Either use a toothbrush or a tongue scraper.
To learn more about which oral health care treatments you would prefer for enhancing your smile, contact E. John Moreno, DMD at 949-485-5333. Come visit Dr. John Moreno and our team at our dentist office in Aliso Viejo, California by scheduling an appointment at your earliest opportunity.